Monday, 8 December 2014

Feedback for Rough Cut 1

Feedback – for rough cut 1
Strengths

·      Good variety of shots
·      Shots match genre conventions
·      Thought-out shots
·      Good lip-sync at beginning
·      Good use of long shots (matching pace)
·      Brilliant lighting/good effects
·      Shots are illustrative and emphasize the lyrics
·      Good camera techniques
·      Great effect (sun light at the beginning)
·      Video style fits the genre
·      Good use of planning and locations
·      Good interpretation of the song and lyrics

Improvements

·      More close up shots of singers face
·      Improve syncing shots – (side shot at beginning)
·      Slower transitions (fades, crosses over)
·      Actor could emphasize the lyrics more
·      Finish filming
·      More clear lip-sync
·      Use more thought beats

These are the feedback that I received when the rest of the class watched my rough-cut 1. They wrote down three strengths and two improvements. I have written down what was mentioned on the sheets of paper given to me in that lesson above.

I agree with much of what has been said by the other students. This is something that I am continually working on other the lessons that I attend in media. I am happy with the comments that where made about the strengths of the video because that shows that I have carefully planned and researched the video and lyrics and use of shot effectively and that must show in my video hence the positive comments on it.
The improvements section is also very positive in a way as it shows me many ways to improve my video, many of these points I already knew and where working on in rough cut 2.

I am really positive about the feedback that I have received and am working on the above comments, hopefully I can work on the feedback to continually improve to make the next rough cuts better and better so that the final cut is to a high enough standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment