Sunday, 14 December 2014

Editing Process - Keane Seafog



This screenshot was taken after my final editing part on the 9th December. It shows the editing software that I used for this project, which is final cut. This software is most up to date and took a bit of time to get used to due to the layout changing. But it turned out to be the most useful application for editing videos that I have ever used; it has some really good features and effects. It allows you to edit and create a video with ease due to its simple design. The effects are easy to find and simple to add to your timeline because of it large collection of transitions and other effects nicely organised in too eight folders.


The picture above shows my final cuts for my music video, and all the cuts and video clips that have gone into the final product. I have spent along time on this video and have tried a lot of different camera angles and shots during the recording and development stage, myself and the actors communicated a lot on set and off on the design of each location and what we thought was good to include in each shot, and as everything there was a lot of debate into where the video was going and what we wanted to show but we always managed to agree on the theme and the feeling that we wanted to show in the video. As I was the main director I felt that I need multiple shots and camera angles in each location as I felt that it would be easier to edit if I had clips to fall back on, obviously theses shots fit in with what I was trying to show and helped me develop my camera and creative skills as the project went on. As the main cameraman I made it my objective from the start to capture the highest quality video shots that I could, I tried many cameras from digital camcorders to professional DSLR’S but in the end I found the best camera for this video and one of the best camera’s out now which is the new iPhone 6 plus which has brilliant graphics and fantastic video stabilisation which is perfect for some of the slow pan’s and tilts that are included in the video. I have used a Toshiba camera in my filming for some of the locations such as the beach and field section and once I had edited these shots and put some stabilisation effects on them they matched the quality of the iPhone which I was really happy with as the video looks like it has been filmed on the same camera all the way though. One of the features I really liked about the final cut software is that it auto saves, which is really good for editors as you can sometimes forget. Another thing is that there is no need to render all the time, which saves time and gives more time to editing, saving all that hassle when importing loads of clips. The overall layout of the application made it really simple to use and edit my clips and I feel that because of this brilliant software I have been able to create a video that I think is very good and I am really happy with it.          

No comments:

Post a Comment