Choosing the song
I choose this song, as I believed it was
the right one for my ability to create in the time allocated to this project. I
started off looking at a range of music videos and artists and I had to narrow
down my music to a particular music genre, I felt that the alternative rock
genre suited me the most and I particularly liked the theme and the creativity
in that type of video. From there I started to research the genre that I had
decided upon and look at videos around that, I looked into the history and the
development of the genre and also closely related genres and sub-genres. My aim
from this was to gather as much information on the genre that would help me in
the development of my own. I started too look into shots related to my theme
and songs around the genre and how they linked to the message or the story and
pace of the video. I looked and researched music video shots and camera angles,
music adverts and digipaks all to see how it was professionally done. From
there I started to plan by researching my target audience and understanding
what people like in the videos, I created a questionnaire and sent it out to
get response’s and collect valuable data, from there I found my audience and
was able to create my vision around the info I had found. My whole point of
choosing this song unparticular is not just because it is a slow and genital
song it is because it has a very deep meaning and I felt that I could create a
story that doers its best to show that meaning in a unique way. I don’t believe
that my interpretation is exactly how the artists wrote it to be but that is
why I believe that this song is really good is because everyone can take there
own meaning from it and I believe people will watch this and think it is
interesting because its somebody’s take on the song. The talk of fog and light
and dark, happy and sad appealed to me as some one who works with stage
lighting and sound and it was a challenge that I felt that I could take on as I
felt that I had the necessary equipment and creative knowledge to complete it.
No comments:
Post a Comment